WWII D-Day Remembrance
HCC Southeast Campus
6815 Rustic Street, Houston 77087
Click HERE for photos from this event
A big thank you to those of you who came out to honor the veterans at the D-Day Remembrance event hosted by the Gathering of Eagles last Saturday. Those present included:
- Our friends from First Baptist of Navasota and Roger Douglas with Texas Cookout Company who fried fish (along with the crawfish pie and jalapeno popper appetizers for us volunteers)
- Mr. Tailgate (aka Ray Condron), Ben Weibel and friends from Mission Bend United Methodist who bbq’d chicken and sausage and did a whole supply inventory and the shopping prior to
- Houston Sunrise Kiwanis who donated and handled the water bottles and ice
- Luby’s who donated all of those pies – thank you Jacque Conner!
- A lot of my co-workers from Costello, Inc. who helped everywhere
- American Heritage Girls Troop 1378 who primarily served the food
My apologies if I have left someone out. Here are some kind words from The Gathering of Eagles:
THE TAILGATE WITH A HERO ASSOCIATION and all your helpers and the food was absolutely amazing!
I heard many many many comments on how good and delicious the food was! Everyone, with no exceptions, exclaimed how delicious the chicken was, how great the fish was, how delightful all the helpers appeared, everything was picture perfect.
You could not have planned a more beautiful cooking and serving crew.
There were a lot of veterans present including nine World War II veterans who were individually recognized for their service. Channel 2, Channel 13 and the Chronicle all covered this event.
We had some bbq, potato salad and a few pies left which were transported to the Star of Hope Mission on Dowling after we were done.